If the heading mode is FG_HEADINGWAY_POINT does autopilot block use a similar procedure like in VOR or ILS navigation by using a rolling motion to intersect waypoint in a pre-determined heading or does it use the angle difference between its current heading and the heading calculated by the waypoint's coordinates and fly to that heading without taking final heading into account

In the source code I saw items like wp_course and wp_distance. Target heading was adjusted to waypoint course such as:

if ( wp_distance > 100 ) { //I think it flies to a cetain waypoint until it reaches the limit
TargetHeading = NormalizeDegrees(wp_course);

can you briefly describe how wp_course is calculated?

Regards
Mehmet