Frederic Bouvier wrote:

From my understanding of the current code, you modify the fog density for
the sun punch through in a function call at line main.cxx:735
( 'thesky->preDraw();' ) and then line main.cxx:751 we draw the scene.
And there is no glFogf( GL_FOG_DENSITY, something ) in between, so the
scene ( terrain ) is drawn with the last density set, that is the sun punch
through.

Am I missing something ? I ran the program under debugger with breakpoint
on every glFogf( GL_FOG_DENSITY,...) I found and there is no
call to glFogf between thesky->preDraw() and
ssgCullAndDraw( globals->get_scenery()->get_scene_graph() )

There is a call to glPushAttrib(GL_FOG_BIT) which should store the current fog settings. Calling glPopAttrib() will set the fog settings to the previously stored values.

This doesn't seem to work for you, while it should.

Erik