On 9/16/03 at 9:47 PM Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:

>Hallo!
>
>When trying to start "fgfs --airport=KEMT" I get:
>
>WARNING: ssgLoadAC: Failed to open
>'/fg_root/Aircraft/c172/Models/c172-dpm.ac/Aircraft/c172/Models/c172-dpm.ac
'
>for reading
>
>with current SimGear/FlightGear CVS.
>
>The attached patch fixes the problem, since sgLoad3DModel expects
>fg_root as the first parameter, not the full path to the model.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for the patch.  That fixes the pink plane problem I've
been seeing with the AI plane recently.

>Now I can enjoy hunting Trainer-two-five-charlie again :)

Glad someone's using it :-)  However, that callsign raises an issue.
Firstly, the reg on c172-dpm is N301DP, so I guess it ought to be
Trainer-one-delta-papa!  Secondly, what happens when we get more than one
airport in the base package with AI support (hopefully within a few
months), and possibly more than one AI plane per busy GA airport (probably
a bit longer - algorithms to stop them taxiing on the same bit of tarmac
are non-trivial!!!).  They can't all use the same callsign!  It should be
easy to assign different pseudo-random callsigns in the AI code, but what
about the visual model?  Is it feasable to have a range of letters and
numerals to stick on for the reg as per the runways, or should I forget
about this right now?

Cheers - Dave