Martin,

I believe that Durk Talsma may have been the one who set up these
options.  He may still be the only one that understands how they work
or are supposed to work.

FWIW, you can now do something like --timeofday=noon (or morning, or
dusk, or dawn, etc.) which should do something similar to what you are
trying to do with the --start-date-lat= option (which I never exactly
understood.)

Regards,

Curt.

Martin Spott writes:
> Hello, I'm still experiencing a bug that already lasts for quite some
> weeks. I run 'fgfs' with '--start-date-lat=2002:04:11:11:11:11' which
> gives me daylight whereever I intend to take off. After crashing the
> plane I'd like to restart my choosing 'Reset' from the 'File' menu -
> and I'm always getting sort of local time on the respective airport
> (which means I'm currently sitting in the dark on Vancouver
> International).
>
> This is a bit annoying and it renders the option useless for most users
> on Our World who stick to the base package scenery - except those on
> the American continent. Could someone explain in a few words how the
> initialization on Reset differs from the initialization on startup ?
>
> Thanks,
>       Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org