I've just acquired FG from CVS -- autogen.sh appeard to run perfectly, but
right at the end of ./configure, I get:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating \
.infig.status: error: cannot find input file: \

and thats all she wrote :)

I've previously built FG from the 0.9.2 sources without problems, and was
getting prepared to join the team and contribute some multiplayer
improvements, possibly including a basic multiplayer server (though not
quite as basic as the simple packet forwarding suggested in
README.multiplayer)

Has anyone seen this before or do I need to start digging into the autoconf
setup ??

I'm working with the latest cygwin release on a toshiba P4/2.0g laptop with
512 megs ram, Windows XP/Home, and ATI Radeon/Mobility GPU