I've generalized the AITanker into AIAircraft and freed it from KEMT, so now I
can put any airplane(s) anywhere (as well as boats and waterskiers).  Here's
a picture of the KC-135 over San Francisco.

http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/KC-135_over_SFO.jpg

Now I'd like to sail a ship through the bay.  Does anyone have an aircraft
carrier model that I can use?  If not, any boat will do.  As a last resort
I'll use an airplane.

This is still experimental stuff, based on David Luff's AI classes.  I made a
new AIManager class, a pared-down version of David's AIMgr.  It just
instantiates an AI object and tells it to update.  The AI objects are based
on an AIBase class that contains an AI object's position and orientation, and
draws it.  Classes derived from this one could be airplanes, boats, cars,
buildings, waterskiers, etc.  The airplane pictured is an AIAircraft class,
derived from AIBase, that contains some movement calculations for airplanes,
a rudimentary FDM.  Ships will be easy.  Cars are a different story, as
Seamus knows, since they must know where the ground is.

These are minimalist classes.  They don't speak, don't hear, and don't know
where the ground is.  My vision of AI in FlightGear is that most AI traffic
would be of this type - minimalist, non-interactive, and scripted to follow
simple paths.  The "smart" AI, that knows where the ground is and can
communicate, should, I think, be derived from the minimalist classes in order
to reduce the overhead of filling the sky with traffic.

Dave