----- Original Message -----
From: "David Luff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Re: AI merge

> On 11/18/03 at 12:51 AM John Barrett wrote:
>

> >Dont go too fast :)
>
> No chance of that - busy decorating the kids room, real work is spilling
> over into the evenings, and I've a sudden urge to hack at a taxiway
editor!

> >I'm working on my aiScript engine while I'm stuck in
> >this hotel room house hunting
>
> Good luck, and make sure you buy one already decorated, or your coding
time
> really will go down the tube!
>
> >and dont have access to my other machines for
> >working on my network code.... I should have the prototype engine up and
> >running on top of PSL in a few days (I've parked the JS code for the time
> >being, permanently if I can get a couple of new features added to PSL)
> >

> FlightGear - an experiment to determine if an infinite number of monkeys
> typing at an infinite number of computers can produce an infinitely
complex
> AI system ;-))

Thats my goal... infinite complexity through modular stucture :)

Which brings up another issue... I'm I'm having a problem tracking down in
aiPlane where everything happens so I can hook in and have my script engine
drive the plane... want to work together to do a new version of aiPlane that
will hook in with aiScript ??

For aiPlane, I guess I would need hooks for throttle, airspeed, turning the
plane, position, etc... need to figure out an abstracted "plane" that the
script can control, and the plane implementation will carry out a simple set
of commands (turn, climb, dive, etc... would need to decide what level of
abstraction we want to interface at)

> It occurred to me what a server would be *really* useful for the other day
> - load it up with full US airline timetables, and it should be able to
> generate approximately the right traffic at any portion of any airway or
> airport, with a bit of a random delay factor thrown in, and remove them
> when out of user range.  I wonder if anyone has already compiled full
> airline timetable data in a freely available, digital form?

I was actually lookin at that some today -- AirNav Systems will make the
data available to you for $250 a month -- tell me where they source their
data from and maybe we can sneak around them :) They have a nice
semi-realtime ASD app that feeds off of FAA and other aircraft position
reports

Was thinking about doing a scenario that would have all the planes on that
feed displayed using a multi-plane client to feed the server with data for
all the active planes -- they have schedule and terminal/gate info available
also -- would be better than just the schedules as this data would be actual
traffic in real time