Martin Spott writes:
> "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > ftp.flightgear.org is still rebooting ... /dev/hdh1 (120Gb) has gone
> > 204 days without being checked, check forced ... might be another hour
> > or two ... :-)
>
> I usually put everything over 10 GByte on XFS per 'default' - as well
> as any data that has some value for me. It should take about 5 seconds
> to mount a 200 gig filesystem - cheching included  ;-)

I'm running ext3 so normally rebooting, even after a crash would not
be a problem, but in this case I exceeded the "last check date"
threshold so it ran a full fsck on me.  This drive has zillions of
tiny little files on it so it's a worst case scenario for fsck
performance.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org