Curtis L. Olson writes:
> I did some work this evening in simgear/flightgear to track some
> additional vasi positional information so that I can then compute the
> angle and correct color.  This is a first stab and the result is a
> gross simplification of what really happens.  There are some things I
> still need to research adn think about, and an item or two I know
> isn't quite right.  But the vasi/papi lights are now colored by your
> approach angle and not your view angle which is a big improvement.
>
> I'll need to spend some more time on this to get the remaining issues
> ironed out, so please don't panic if they don't look quite right yet.

Ok, I'm still up ... I was on a roll so I kept going.  I just checked
in one more round of changes that will properly color the
upwind/downwind bars of the VASI and the 4 individual lights of the
PAPI.

This should be a significant improvement over what we had previously.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org