Seamus Thomas Carroll writes:
> I am playing with the autopilot and maintaining an altitidue above sea
> level works great.  Is there a method for maintaining an elevation above
> the ground?

Ctrl-t will toggle a mode that attempts to maintain the current
altitude above ground.  The algorithm is very simplistic though and
doesn't take any sort of look ahead into consideration.  It only looks
at the current elevation above ground and tries to climb or decend to
achieve the goal elevation.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org