Andy Ross wrote:
So which wheels get controlled by the parking brake on the bo105,
harrier, or 747? :)

This same subject just came up a few days ago.  The real bug is that
we're trying to associate brake controls with individual wheels, which
is just wrong.  The only standard for brakes in aircraft is that there
is a left pedal, right pedal, and parking brake lever.  Everything
else is aircraft-specific and IMHO belongs in the FDM, not the control
system.

Ok!

I have standardized the control inputs with /controls/gear/brake-left, /controls/gear/brake-right, /controls/gear/brake-parking

I have updated the code, the aircraft definition files, and the keyboard / mice / joystick bindings.

On the yasim side, the correct approach when defining a gear/wheel is to specify which combination of brake control affects it (left, right, parking)

I suppose at some point when we want to impliment anti-skid brakes or other complicated stuff we'll have to come back and rework this a bit.

There is an open issue with JSBSim because it has the concept of a "center brake" which doesn't directly map to the standard cockpit controls. Right now I hardwire that to a value of zero.

I've probably missed something becuase this change propogated through a *ton* of files (and the compiler can't catch property name mismatches), so hopefully people can try their various aircraft and make sure all the braking related stuff continues to work correctly.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org