Hello,

Yesterday we discussed on the flightgear irc channel about
the need of a cvs directory for the world scenery.

A cvs directory for this would help adding new 3d buildings (*.ac files etc.)
to the world scenery.
At the moment we can do this only for the area around San Fransisco
via the base package (data directory) but not for other areas of the world.
So managing the rest of the world via cvs too could help a lot.

If bandwith costs is a problem, we could create separate cvs directorys
for every scenery package like e000n00, e000n10, wXXXnXX etc. ....  to save
bandwith costs.
This way volunteers could easily work on their favourite area
and add improvements like 3d real world buildings to the world scenery.

What is your opionion about that?

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.