Lee Elliott wrote:
Hello All,

I'd like to propose a change to the way that the Terrain Following (TF) agl value is set and controlled.

Currently, when TF mode is selected, the current a/c agl value is used but I'd like to change this so that this value is set, and can be changed via the property tree.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Sounds reasonable. Is the current height above terrain in the property tree someplace?

FWIW (and hopefully this doesn't mean major breakage) I've been considering some changes to the autopilot infrastructure to make it more flexible. For instance, we (or at least I) could really use a mode to hold speed with pitch, or hold pitch with elevator. And it would be nice to be able to support some of the more advanced FCS concepts that right now are only accessible to JSBSim models (things like yaw dampers, and other fly-by-wire type stuff.)

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org