David Culp wrote:
This thread is scaring me. I hope we aren't deciding to hard-wire the autoflight inputs from panel instrument output?

The input choice will be strictly optional, right?

Figures, I just finished screwing the cowl back on ...

The whole point of defining the autopilot via xml is so that we can a) set up wildly different configurations for different aircraft (like in real life.) And also so we have the flexibility to connect in just about any type of input.

We would not connect directly from the panel instruments, that doesn't make much sense structurally. However, in many cases, the autopilot should be driven by the same values the instruments are reporting (in other words, both the instrument and autopilot could be driven by the same underlying instrumenation model.)

Curtis Olson   Intelligent Vehicles Lab         FlightGear Project