My apologies for not following up sooner.  When I later did a make clean it
became an issue for me as well.   I cannot tell you why at this point, except
that truncf is a) non-standard and b) in glibc (on redhat).  There may be some
header required that isn't there, other than math.h, which is probably also
non-standard (correctly so).

Below is a patch to fix the problem.   Could someone commit this please?

Best,

Jim

http://www.spiderbark.com/fgfs/no-stupid-truncf.patch