Martin Spott wrote:
Very wise  :-)   I'd be a bit concerned that NOAA might close their
service if they realize an increasing amount of requests from the same
host for the same airfield within a too short timeframe.
Wouldn't it make sense to evaluate the timestamp of each dataset and
delay the next request for the same airfield at least until 50 minutes
have elapsed since timestamp generation ?

I have a little dock applet on my desktop that polls noaa every 15 minutes for my local airport weather (KANE). Haven't had any government agents crashing down my door yet. :-)

Curtis Olson   Intelligent Vehicles Lab         FlightGear Project