David Culp wrote:
Would anyone be interested in an autoflight subsystem that acts as a higher-level controller of the autopilot? If been thinking of making one to avoid lots of nasal code which I've been using to almost, but not quite, model a Boeing autoflight system. What is needed is a way to keep track of the various autoflight modes and to automatically switch from one to another. For instance, switching from level-change to altitude-capture, and from approach mode to autoland mode, to name two examples.

The way I want to see scripting end up is that the script controls the workflow, but most of this stuff is done using pain C++ code. That would make it both flexible and fast.

Erik