Curtis L. Olson wrote:
I should point out that the reason these were setup as "cout" was so that we wouldn't lose all output if someone compiled with the --without-logging option. Now that our default output is much less verbose, people are probably not compiling with this option so it's probably not a big deal ... but that was the reason we used cout's here.

Ah, you're right. I forgot about that. And I believe I was the one who proposed that in the first place ...

Hmm, maybe we should add a SG_ALWAYS next to SG_ALERT et all and remove the --without-loggin option completely?

Erik