On 4/8/04 at 10:14 AM Jon S Berndt wrote:

>How does one get g++ under CygWin to use the mingw includes and
>libraries instead of the nominally supplied ones (which, I think,
>require the cygwin dll to execute).

I *think* that you just include the -mno-cygwin flag during compilation.

eg

g++ -Wall -O2 -mno-cygwin Hello.cxx -o hello.exe

I've managed to compile simple programs like that which definately aren't
linked to cygwin.dll.  I've never managed to compile and link the whole of
FlightGear with mingw though :-(  It's possible there's more to it...

You might want to rerun setup.exe and make sure that everything that
mentions mingw is selected as well - look in the devel section, possibly
the lib section, and I think there might be a mingw section with a mingw
version of zlib in it.

Cheers - Dave