Jon Berndt writes:

> When building FlightGear (and my setup in CygWin is now building plib and
> SimGear just fine), when I get to the YASim directory, I get these errors:
>
> g++  -D_REENTRANT  -L/usr/local/lib -o yasim.exe  yasim-test.o Airplane.o
> Atmosphere.o ControlMap.o FGFDM.o Gear.o Glue.o Integrator.o Jet.o Math.o
> Model.o PistonEngine.o PropEngine.o Propeller.o RigidBody.o Rotor.o
> Rotorblade.o Rotorpart.o SimpleJet.o Surface.o Thruster.o Wing.o
> Turbulence.o -lsgxml -lsgprops -lsgmisc -lsgdebug -lsgstructure
>
> Atmosphere.o(.eh_frame+0x11):Atmosphere.cpp: undefined reference to
> `___gxx_personality_v0'
> ControlMap.o(.text+0x1db):ControlMap.cpp: undefined reference to
> `__Unwind_Resume'
> ControlMap.o(.text+0x34e):ControlMap.cpp: undefined reference to
> `__Unwind_Resume'
> ControlMap.o(.eh_frame+0x12):ControlMap.cpp: undefined reference to
> `___gxx_personality_v0'
> Gear.o(.eh_frame+0x11):Gear.cpp: undefined reference to
> `___gxx_personality_v0'
> etc.
>
> 1) Did I do something stupid to my build setup again? :-)

My guess is that you did a MingW build in the same directory
and did not do a mkae clean.

This is why the recomended way of building a project with the GNU
auto tools is to configue and build in a separate directory for each
system

i.e
%  cd $PROJ_TOP
% aclocal; autoconf; automake
% mkdir cygwin
% cd cygwin
% ../configure $CYGWIN_ARGS; make; make install
% cd ..
% mkdir MingW
% cd MingW
% ../configure $MINGW_ARGS; make; make install

and your projects will not conflict with one another as long
as you use an appropriate --prefix arg to configure :-)

Note the same trick is useful when using a cross compiler
in Linux

HTH

Norman