On Sunday 25 April 2004 16:42, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Roy Vegard Ovesen -- Sunday 25 April 2004 11:44:
> > Flightgear and Simgear builds ok on SuSE Linux 9.0, but when I try to run
> > Flightgear I get this error message:
> >
> > Initializing OpenAL sound manager
> > fgfs: pcm.c:1050: snd_pcm_writei: Assertion `pcm->setup' failed.
> >
> > I'm using openal version 20030811-83 and openal-devel version 20030811-83
> > as der standard for SuSE 9.0
>
> Got the same here with Linux 2.6.5 and the OpenAL from SuSE 9.0. Then I
> replaced OpenAL with cvs/head and compiled again. Now it works.

Did the same, and it works great! I did configure OpenAL with --enable-alsa
and --enable-alsa-dlopen, but I can't say for sure if this is required. I
just did it because a little voice inside my head told me to. :-)

For some reason I also included --enable-vorbis. If we are going to have
different samples for the entire rpm range, as Curt suggested, we might
consider compressing.

Thanks!

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen