On 4/28/04 at 1:33 PM David Luff wrote:

>On 4/28/04 at 2:13 PM Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>
>>With MSVC, there is a library for ALut : ALut.lib.
>>_joyGetDevCaps should be in winmm.lib
>>

>OK, winmm fixes everthing except the alut stuff, I'm not sure why that
>broke right now but we've had that one before.
>
>The alut stuff is another matter - as far as I can tell only libopenal.a
is
>built on Linux and that links OK, so why the trouble with Cygwin?.  This
is
>still the same link error I get with my own compile of the Linux subdir
>using Cygwin BTW.  I hate linker errors - I always feel I have a fighting
>chance with compile errors, but I've never felt comfortable sorting linker
>errors :-(

OK, I was wrong when I said it was the same as the original linker error.
The original was undefined references to various __imp__* functions:

../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(navcom.o)(.text+0xa404):navcom.cxx:
undefined reference to `__imp__al
GetError'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(navcom.o)(.text+0xa70f):navcom.cxx:
undefined reference to `__imp__al
Sourcef'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(navcom.o)(.text+0xa715):navcom.cxx:
undefined reference to `__imp__al
GetError'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(marker_beacon.o)(.text+0x28c6):marker_beacon
.cxx: undefined reference
 to `__imp__alSourcef'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(marker_beacon.o)(.text+0x28d4):marker_beacon
.cxx: undefined reference
 to `__imp__alGetError'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(marker_beacon.o)(.text+0x2d32):marker_beacon
.cxx: undefined reference
 to `__imp__alSourcef'
../../src/Cockpit/libCockpit.a(marker_beacon.o)(.text+0x2d40):marker_beacon
.cxx: undefined reference
 to `__imp__alGetError'
'
...etc...

Norman's libopenal32.a contains these functions, my libopenal.a doesn't,
and these errors are hence fixed with Normans .a.  However, Norman's
libopenal32.a doesn't contain any alut* functions, which my libopenal.a
does, so hence these errors are replaced with the _alut* errors.

Norman, if you could tell us roughly how you created your libopenal32.a
perhaps I could try creating one in the same manner but including the alut
functions?

Cheers - Dave