I'm about to start writing something in C to calculate the heading required to maintain a track and the resultant ground speed given a wind vector. This is destined to be a simple flight planner for my Palm but I'd like to make an interface to FG so that in theory you could save a real flight and replay it in FG with the same conditions.

I envisage creating a struct to hold the the polar co-ords of each of the vectors involved i.e. magnitude and angle from 0 deg. Given that the processor in a palm is not that beefy should I be storing and calculating the vectors this way or using the cartesian system?

I'm a total C newbie so please go easy on me :-)

All the best,

Matt.