Jonathan Richards wrote:

> Seconded - this is very important for first-person games [0], but it would be
> good to have, for instance surround wind noise, engine noise from the engine
> directions and ATIS speaking from the speakers.  Oh, hold on.  In a real
> plane, I've got headphones, haven't I...  Their purpose is to deaden ambient
> noise, and remove stereo cues from sound communications!

Yep, but when you're sitting in your favourite light single and you
turn your head over to your co (or passengers) you'll still hear most
of the engine noise on your left ear - even with headset applied. If
something hits the aircraft during flight I assume you'll still notice
where the crash happened (I hope it will _never_ happen ....!!) by the
direction the noise comes from,

Martin.