I just tried an endurance flight in the B-52F, after having tweaked the fdm a
bit, but the engines shut down while I still had 64% fuel remaining.

The B-52F currently has five fuel tanks: 2 x internal wing tanks - 70000lbs, 1
x internal fuselage tank - 73318 lbs & 2 x external wing tanks - 18000lbs.
This is a simplified layout - the distribution is roughly right, afaik - but
it was spread over more tanks.

It looks like the fuel was being taken from each tank at the same rate instead
of proportionally, depending upon their capacity, with the result that the
external wing tanks were emptied while the other tanks still held plenty of
fuel, and this caused the engine shutdown.

LeeE