On Wednesday 05 May 2004 10:01, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Seamus Thomas Carroll wrote:
> > Lots of the code is not important to you.  Essentially i pull the (lon,
> > lat) points from the database and add them to the SGWayPoint.
> >
> > Upon running my code after a cvs update the planes no longer follow the
> > path but instead fly in tight circles until the plane eventually crashes.
> > I cant seem to find the change that has occured to cause this effect.
> >
> > Has there been any changes to the autopilot or the FGWaypoint that may
> > have caused this problem?
>
> I'm not sure this is related, but Roy Vegard Ovesen added a method to
> add two waypoints to the gps module which caused some properties to be
> renamed:

The gps module does not use the route manager. The properties that I changed
are very "new" and AFAIK nothing else uses these property names (instruments,
autopilots) yet. I changed them because /instrumentation/gps/ was becoming
cluttered with new properties. So I moved waypoint specific properties into a
subfolder, wp. Be aware that the propery names that I have added to the gps
module are subjected to change in the future (I will not change any names
that were in the gps before I started working on it).

If anyone creates instruments or autopilots based on the gps module, keep in
mind that the property names could change and brake your work. I'm sorry for
this inconvenience but the gps module is work-in-progress (isn't
everything?!).

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen