On Thursday 06 May 2004 04:43, Jim Wilson wrote:
> "Ampere K. Hardraade" said:
> > For the textures, I was wondering whether it will be possible to have a
> > set of textures for every airline.  For example, if the player wants to
> > fly KLM, the command line can be --aircraft=MD-11-KLM; if the player
> > wants to fly Swiss, then the command line can be --aircraft=MD-11-Swiss.
> > Can this be done?
>
> It could, but not easily or at least not easily enough that someone has
> exceeded the "interested enough to code it" threshold.  It won't be on my
> list.

As far as I can tell, the only possible way to do this right now would be to
duplicate the entire set of .xml aircraft configuration files. It's probably
not as much work as it seems, because the only parts that need to be changed
are the texture files, and the references to the texture files. Currently the
"interested enough to code it" level probably isn't high enough (including
for myself), but I can see a need for multiple livery support coming in the
forseeable future. David Luff, David Culp, Erik Hofman, and me have been
discussing some issues related to AI traffic offlist. Yesterday I managed to
impliment a first rough prototype top level flightplan manager, which listst
the current status of any aircraft listed in the database, as either enroute
between AAAA and BBBB, or parked at airport AAAA. I'm using data from
projectai (http://www.projectai.com) to test the algorithms, but we could
also throw in our own data. I'm still a long way away from a fully
implimented AI manager, but it was quite satsisfying to see that I got this
part already working within a day of coding.

I'll try and write some more about AI traffic, in a dedicated thread,

Cheers,
Durk