On Saturday 08 May 2004 00:28, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> For an upcoming newsletter article I am [hopefully] writing an
> introduction to modeling aircraft flight dynamics in YASim.
>
> For a subsequent issue of the newsletter I think I'd like to walk the
> reader through the process of creating a specific aircraft model in
> YASim.  I have borrowed a POH for a Super King Air 200/200C which gives
> a *ton* of great information for modeling the aircraft's flight
> dynamics, so I think this would make a great candidate for this
> exercise.  (It would be nice to have a few more turboprops in
> flightgear, and the king air is just a really cool design and would be
> good to have anyway.)
>
> So my question is this.  Are there any 3D modelers out there who would
> be interested in participating in this exercise by creating a (or
> adapting an existing?) 3D model for the King Air 200 and
> animating/texturing it?  I don't know if there is any 3d models from
> MSFS land we could get permission to use/adapt?

I downloaded a MSFS King Air B200 by Chuck Dome and Mario Coelho.
This appears in a text file in the package:

"I hereby declare this aircraft package to be in the Public Domain.
Anyone may use it for any nonviolent purpose, including commerce, without
permission.  It should not harm your computer but, if you imagine it has, I
accept no liability."

So I guess that we are free to use that model. I tried to contact the authors,
just to be on the safe side, but I haven't gotten any reply. I've started
work on this model:

http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/king_air_ext.jpg
http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/king_air_cockpit.jpg

--