POH calls for the canopy to be locked open for take-off and landing so that
in the event of inverting, (not uncommon)  the pilot could escape more
easily. The door opens a little to what the POH describes as "half-cocked"
to lock the canopy in the rear position. It will be under operator control,
so you will be able to please yourself. I don't recall a jettison function:
it had to moved to the rear by hand in an emergency. Aerodynamic forces
tended to keep it closed. There are many stories of pilots only managing to
escape at the last minute, and I suspect quite a few didn't make it.

> I know opinions differ on this subject but this is one
> aircraft that could benefit from the eventual addition of a
> pilot - the highly visible cockpit makes his presence part of
> the 'visual signature' of the aircraft. The choice of
> Bonedome or Helmet and Goggles will depend on whether you
> wish to represent a modern display aircraft or the historical item.

Helmet and Goggles, I think. The aircraft modelled is the one operated by
the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, so it could be either.

> Do we have access to a suitable sound file for the very
> distinctive Merlin song?

Yes - a genuine recording, and all the other sounds - undercarriage, flaps
etc (pneumatic)

> :) Nice job Vivian :)

Ta

Vivian