David Megginson wrote:

I'm under a serious spam attack from an infected computer of someone on the list. Here is where the spam is originating:

  user-24-214-247-18.knology.net

Many of the spams are arriving with Curt's e-mail address spoofed on them, and unfortunately, baron.me.umn.edu seems happy to relay them for the infected computer. In fact, baron is relaying *all* of the spam, even the stuff return addresses like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Going on the defensive here. mail.flightgear.org is *not* an open relay. It only accepts mail for addresses @flightgear.org. It does *not* accept email from an arbitrary location and forward to any other arbitrary location.

The big problem is that these viruses can leverage the user's address book to spoof plausible to/from addresses and they get lucky far too often.

The spammers/viruses are nearly making email useless.... :-(

I average receiving a new spam mesage about every 5 minutes.

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d