I'd like to suggest that the spoiler settings are set in the same way as the
flaps are now done i.e. via Nasal, so that specific spoiler settings can also
be defined in the aircraft set file.

This entails adding a stepSpoilers Nasal func to controls.nas and amending
keyboard.xml to call the Nasal script, basically replicating the flap stuff.

I've tried the changes here and it seems to work ok so if folk are amenable to
the change I can supply the amended files.

Would it also make sense to treat the slats similarly?  If so I could also
make the changes required for the slats.

LeeE