Melchior FRANZ wrote:

* Jon Stockill -- Tuesday 01 June 2004 18:50:

I've seen pauses of a few seconds, then the weather updates and everything starts moving again. Is it time for a weather thread?

Yes, it's time for a weather thread. That's why we have one since
ages. (see Environment/environment_ctrl.cxx :-)

I forget the details, but I don't think the initial call to the noaa is done inside the thread so you still can have possibly long pauses if the site is down or no data is available for the stations in your immediate vicinity.

Regards,

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d