Norman Vine wrote

> Vivian Meazza writes:
> >
> > Norman Vine writes:
> >

> > > I just updated FlightGear, SimGear and PLib from CVS
> > > and compiled all anew and I am not seeing this problem
> > > with Cygwin
> >
> > I did likewise. Looks like a local problem then. I was trying Andy
> > Ross' cross compilation over the weekend - that didn't work either,
> > but have I corrupted something? ....
> >
> > > Did you also update the FlightGear Data files ?
> >
> > Yes
> >
> > > I noticed that there were a few changes made this AM
> > > so I suggest doing a fresh CVS first before rebuilding
> >
> > Done that, and I've re-installed Cygwin. I'm wondering if I have to
> > delete all the files, and really start from fresh.
> Seriously tiresome.
>
> I would try a make clean and then rerun the autogen.sh
> scripts on SimGear and FlightGear. then remake
>
> > > HTH
> >
> > Certainly does, but I'm really struggling with this one.
>
> Also try explicitly setting your fg_root variable when you launch FGFS
>
> ie from the bash shell
>
> $PATH_TO/fgfs.exe  --fg_root=$PATH_TO_FG_ROOT
>
> filling in the appropriate $PATH_TO variables for your system
>
> HTH

Problem solved - simple, but not trivial. I started over from scratch
(again). My diagnosis, although by no means certain, is that there was
something wrong in the scenery data area. My original cvs update either
pre-dated the appropriate change, or left something behind.

It's still not quite right - the default aircraft comes up with a
segmentation error, and traffic manager throws up some warnings, but the
Spitfire and Hunter load OK, so work can continue.

Thank you all for your help - much appreciated when banging head against
brick wall.

Regards

Vivian