Josh Babcock wrote

> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > * Josh Babcock -- Tuesday 15 June 2004 22:32:
> >
> >>Failed to open file
> >

> >>Remove /home/jbabcock/.fgfs/Scenery from FG_SCENERY and the problem
> >>stops.  What
> >>file, pray tell, is failing to be opened?  Not a very
> useful error message.
> >

> > Indeed. strace is your friend:
> >
> >  $ strace -fF -eopen fgfs --airport=KFOO 2>&1|tee fgfs.log
> >
> > You'll see a lot of these
> >
> >  [pid 22494] open("/home/jbabcok/.fgfs/Scenery/foo.stg",
> O_RDONLY) =
> > -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> >
> > m.

> yeah, and it includes a lot of stuff like:
> [pid 27781]
> open("/usr/local/lib/FlightGear/data/Scenery/Terrain/w080n30/w
> 077n38/1695794.stg.gz",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> [pid 27781]
> open("/usr/local/lib/FlightGear/data/Scenery/Objects/w080n30/w
> 077n38/1695794.stg",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> [pid 27781]
> open("/usr/local/lib/FlightGear/data/Scenery/Objects/w080n30/w
> 077n38/1695794.stg.gz",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> as well as non-existent files in
> usr/local/lib/FlightGear/GlobalScenery, which
> has a few of the new 10x10s,
> usr/local/lib/FlightGear/OldScenery, which includes
> most of the old 10x10s and my dir, which includes one lonely
> model.  It kind of
> looks like it is expecting all these .btg files to be in my
> scenery dir once it
> finds anything there.  Could be a bug in how fg searches the
> scenery path.
> Anyway, it does manage to find everything, it's just real
> noisy about it.

I think there is a problem in how the scenery path is searched. I think I
have traced my segmention error to a system.fgfsrc file left behind
(correctly)when I updated my data files. This pointed to a recently
downloaded Terrasync file. When I point to the ../data/scenery path, the
system functions correctly, when I point to the Terrasync file, it fails. I
have moved the contents of the Terrasync file to ../data/scenery, and all is
well. Bug or Feature?

Regards

Vivian