On Wednesday 16 June 2004 07:21, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Lee Elliott wrote:
> > Re the above, it would help if all the scenery could be made invisible
> > because while rotating the view around the model to get the right angle
> > to observe a particular animation I often find that the ground gets in
> > the way and obscure the view.
>
> What really would help is a separate aircraft design program...
>
> Erik

Ain't sayin' nuffin'

;)

Actually, I love the modeller in the app I use - apparently every version of
the s/w I use has been described as having a 'steep learning curve' but to be
honest, I find it totally logical to the extent that I don't need to remember
loads of stuff because it's just as quick to work it out each time I need to
do it (not that I have on every model).

Actually, it's easy enough too, to work out the exact anim axis by measuring
them in whatever 3d app you're using - simple enough maths that even I can do
it.

Nope - the only two real problems are; the scenery getting in the way, and not
being able to easily 'shift' the viewpoint i.e. to be able to get a view
aligned with the central axis but off-set to the ailerons - by rotating you
can only ever see them at an angle, other that that FG is ok, if with a bit
of a heavy overhead:)

LeeE