Curtis L. Olson wrote:
Vivian Meazza wrote:

I have hit a snag while writing some Nasal script for the Spitfire model:

I put this in the spitfireIIa-set.xml file

<magneto-switch type="bool">1</magneto-switch>
</engine>
</engines>
</controls>

I then try to access it elsewhere.

This works:

        <script>
    setprop("controls/engines/engine/magneto-switch[0]",1);
    </script>
</binding>
          But this doesn't:

     <script>
    setprop("controls/engines/engine/magneto-switch[1]",1);
    </script>
</binding>

I can work around it no problem, but I think that it should work. I can see,
but can't access ../magneto-switch[1] in the Browse Internal Properties
dialog either.

I think that it may be a property tree issue rather than Nasal. Any
guidance/ideas?

Does your spitfire have more than one magneto switch? This generally implies more than one engine. The value of the first magneto-switch[0] is probably what you want to be changing.

Regards,

Curt.

I thought most piston planes had two magnetos per engine ...
Josh