Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Unfortunately RTLD_DEFAULT isn't supported on all platforms (it isn't
> supported in IRIX anyhow). I think that if what you describe is the
> problem this really is a bug at your side. What happens is that the
> function pointer is copied to ftpr. So dlcose() should never be able
> to have any effects on this copy ??

dlclose() doesn't have the effect on the pointer. it just makes that
pointer point to something non-existent once the handle becomes
invalid, hence the core dump. what you have there is bad programing
practice. if you do a search for dlclose and dlsym you will see that
nobody uses the pointer returned by dlsym() _after_ a call to
dlclose()

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |