Roberto Manca wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to send some flight data (like altitude,
speed, position...) from a machine that runs
FlightGear to a slave machine (which will elaborate
them online) on a socket connection. I haven't found
any documentation on the way the data are arranged and
sent. I don't even know which data are sent and how to
choose them... so I don't know how to set up my client
program on the slave machine. Therefore I'm trying to
look at the code... Can anyone tell me which part of
FlightGear code deals with socket data communications?

Any idea, example, clue or suggestion is appreciated and would be very helpful...

There is a sample implementation that shows how to do this in the sourcecode under FlightGear/examples/netfdm.

Erik