Just a few comments below, since I also ran into similar issues creating and
updating the MD-11 aero file.

On Sunday 06 July 2003 18:53, Tiago Gusmão wrote:
> Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > On Fri,  2 Jul 2004 22:46:14 +0100
> >
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> The L1011-500 uses the Rolls-Royce RB211-524B
> >> take a look here for details:
> >> http://www.aircraftenginedesign.com/TableB3.html
> >
> > I have committed to JSBSim CVS an RR RB211-524 engine.
> >
> > Jon
>
> The RB211-524B has only 50000 pounds of thrust, that one is suitable for
> the H and G models acording to
> http://www.rolls-royce.com/media/product/rb211524.jsp
>
> I have generated a 50000 pound version, and I can get TSFC values and
> stuff , but I don't understand those tables below.
> I also had problems using the <FG_TURBINE> and switched to
> <FG_SIMTURBINE>, is this a good idea?

Yes, this reflects a recent change in JSBSim, which hasn't traversed it's way
back into aeromatic yet.

> The file generated by aeromatic had the <AC_THRUSTER> inside the
> <AC_ENGINE> tags and it didn't work until i separated them, aero-matic bug?

Not really a bug: This how JSBSim expected things to be, until a couple of
weeks ago. It took me a while to figure this one out. ;-)

> Now i can get the L1011 working, but if i start from the RWY, it appears
> around 50 meters AGL and starts rotating backwards until it gets under
> the floor and freezes.
> If I start it in flight it behaves nice.

Aarggg, this sounds exactly like how the MD11 was behaving initially, and
which I thought was fixed. Moving the main gears forward and backward a
little bit might help. Try have a look at the "MD11" and related threads in
the FlightGear-Devel mailing archives for some more information (April
through Jue of this year IIRC).

> What are the conventions for propper positioning of the model?
>
> Is it better to use a singles texture, or separate fuselage texture from
> other pieces?
>
> thanks in adavance :)
>
> Regards,
> Tiago

Cheers,
Durk

For those of you wondering, I've collected quite a few changes to the MD11,
but last weeks were fairly busy, so I didn't get a chance to do the final
polising up and send them out for CVS inclusion. Hopefully this weekend I'll
get to it.

Cheers,
Durk