Innis Cunningham wrote

> Hi All
> I have run into a bit of a problem using the transparency
> mask.
> Firstly I have an engine texure that when the mask is
> not present the texure is quite smooth but when I
> add the mask to the texture the side of the engine
> looks like a series of planks laid side by side(probably
> a bad explanation).Has anyone else experienced
> anything like this.

No.

> Secoundly when I look through the transparent
> Windows I can see some parts of the fuselage interior
> and some parts not(the fuselage is 2 sided).The other
> day I was modifying the model and I got most of the interior
> to show through the widows.But then I moded it again and now
> only part of the fuselage shows again.It is like the transparency needs
> to see the parts of the model in a certian order but I have not been
> able to figure out how to do it.
> Has anybody got any ideas on this.
> If I place myself inside the fuselage and look around every thing looks
> fine.All I can see is the interior of the plane but if I look in through a
> window then I see the effect described above.
> Any help greatly appreciated

The transparent object must come after the objects you wish to see through
it. You can adjust the order in AC3D or by means of an animation in the
model file. Have a look at the Hunter data and you will see where the
cockpit canopy comes. Basically, at the end, but window frames are a problem
sometimes.

Regards

Vivian