Frederic Bouvier wrote:
What do you want to prove with a field so narrow ?

I don't want to "prove" anything, that was just an example - e.g. I encountered the problem when I created controls whose width was insufficient for the string to be displayed. And that's exactly what I pointed out with mail.

that neither FG nor PUI are protecting themselves against negative values ?

well, if you want to put it that way, but actually this was at most about a crash that I encountered frequently. By the way, yesterday it locked even up the whole system...

Combo arrows are 16 pixels wide, so the input is -6 pixels . ( The width is not in
characters but in pixels )

thanks for the explanation, but I was aware of that.
And NO, this problem did not only occur with a width
specification of <= 16, but rather <= 30/50 - the latter
is unfortunately not permanently reproducable (that's why
I chose to provide 10 and not the other values)

The only reason why I actually posted this "bug" to the
mailing list is indeed, that I don't think something trivial
such as dialog definition should be able to crash the
whole application.

EVEN though the actual usage of such a dialog definition
is pretty unlikely (as I stated before).

And I think, I *did* mention that this is certainly not
a critical bug, because few people will ever create their
own dialogs and even less would use such values - but I
found it by accident and NOT to "prove" anything, if I
wanted to _prove_ anything I would now start to look for
other problems related to this, for example in the panel
handling stuff.

   <height>25</height>
   <value>test</value>
   <!-- The problem occurs with only one single value being specified
   -->
   <value>another test</value>

No problem with either one or two values, when the combo width is set to
100.

sure, but that wasn't what I asked :-) Don't have any problems with a width of 100 either !

You seem to get me wrong here , you know, I am not posting
this because I was specifically looking for bugs in FlightGear, but
rather because I wanted to create a SMALL combo box (width < 50 pixels)
for one of the dialogs that I am currently working on - so this
all happend by accident. And as it seemed reproducable I thought
it should be mentioned here - NOTHING more.

regards