Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I just updated my SuSe Linux to 9.1 pro and the various autogen scripts are not working right. The following errors occurred after updating plib from cvs and runing autogen:
cvs update -dP

dadsoffice:/usr/local/source/plib # sh autogen.sh
Running aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/gsl.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GSL
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/avifile.m4:21: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AVIFILE
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request" at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 111.
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
Running automake
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request" at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 111.
automake: autoconf failed with exit status: 1
Running autoconf
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request" at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 111.
Now you are ready to run './configure'

The warnings are explained. by running info as documented and are not an issue.

Questions
1.  Has anyone had a similar problem with SuSe 9.1?
2.  Any ideas how to get past this?

I have updated via YAST including the kernel to 2.6.5-7.95 and the results running autogen are the same.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dave P.