On Friday 23 July 2004 15:21, Jon Berndt wrote:
> I'll stop whining, now. ;-)
>
> I was able to build simgear and flightgear with the OpenAL libs.

I've built it fine too - acutally being able to run it is a different matter.

Is it running for you?  I've tried all sorts of openalrc files with or without
--disable-sound but stil get complaints about openal settings on startup.

If someone has a working .openalrc file for 2/4/(5.1) speakers, which uses
alsa (or oss-emulation or at a push arts) would they please drop it to me.  I
think my problem is that I have a NForce3 board and the support is lacking
for OpenAL to run my sound chip in it's native mode.  Otherwise non-OpenAL
sound works fine on my system.

Cheers,
Al