Hello all,

not a problem I suffer from myself, but I notice there seem to be quite a few
people posting on the FlightGear forum at the AVSim web-site and the
RUNFGFS.BAT question is something a lot of new Windows users seem to be
having a lot of trouble with.

Because all the developers and experienced FG users/contributors are already
pretty busy this might, in some ways, be unwanted attention but if there's no
response I think there might be a risk of building up a bad reputation for
FG.

...and that is a topic in itself...

I guess I'm suggesting that if people can spend a little time helping folk
there it wouldn't do FG any harm, tedious as it may be;)

AVSim's policy of dropping logins after a relatively short time without
posting anything is certainly unhelpful (and would be unethical if they were
selling a product) but it looks like it's there that people are posting
stuff.

LeeE