Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Alex Romosan -- Friday 06 August 2004 21:31:
>> and i noticed that the collective is mapped backwards
>> (up goes down and down goes up).
>
> Yes, and that's the way it should be and there's no way in hell to have
> this changed. If you don't like how helicopters work, don't fly them. There
> are enough fixed wing aircrafts.
>
> PLEASE DON'T APPLY!

one more thing. i just went to
http://science.howstuffworks.com/helicopter6.htm and they have a video
on how the collective control works
(http://static.howstuffworks.com/mpeg/heli-collective.mpg). you can
clearly hear the woman say that if you lift the collective you
increase the pitch of the blades so you get more lift and you'll go
up. so it would seem that collective up means helicopter goes up.
maybe in austria they do it differently.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |