On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:08:42 +0200
Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kalle Valo wrote:
>>
>> If you are going to make a new release, just don't name it 0.9.5-1,
>> please. That would create lots of confusion for both users and
>> distribution packagers.
>
> Good point, I realized that after posting the message.
> I don't think 0.9.6 would be a good idea, but 0.9.5b could be used (as
> this scheme is already in use for the Windows binary).

Debian is one of the distros that use numbers after the "-" for
local changes to an upstream version, packaging changes, etc.
Lots of other Debian packages have "a" or "b" or whatever added
to the upstream version number without a problem.  So I agree
that this should work fine.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)