Yu QingRou wrote:

> I have another question regarding the view manager:
>
> Is it possible in FlightGear, we can have two viewpoints at the same
> time? I found in some other flight simulator, for the
> panels/instruments, user sees with cockpit view, while at the same
> time, for the scenery outside the cockpit, it uses chase view so user
> can see the attitude of the aircraft.Or, we can say, the window of the
> simulator is splited to two small windows, one for panels/instruments
> using cockpit view while the other, using chase view.
>
> By checking the codes, seems FlightGear doesn't support this. Any
> ideas about how to realize this? Though this functionality may not
> have too much value...:-(

The 2D panel allready uses a second viewpoints. I think you could try to
play with this function
in Cockpit/panel.cxx :

bool
fgPanelVisible ()
{
if(globals->get_current_panel() == 0)
return false;
if(globals->get_current_panel()->getVisibility() == 0)
return false;
//
if(...)
return true;
///
if(globals->get_viewmgr()->get_current() != 0)
return false;
if(globals->get_current_view()->getHeadingOffset_deg() *
SGD_DEGREES_TO_RADIANS != 0)
return false;
return true;
}
Perhaps you can add a property to trigger the 2D panel so its configurable.