> Would love to try your "tiny program" and modified fdm is it sharable ?

Yes, just tel me how to send you the source code.

Actually, I have two tiny programs...

One, named "GPS Data Recorder", that reads and records NMEA data from a
serial port (RS232), computes the estimate of A/C attitude and sends the
approriate data to FG FDM for real time display.

One, named "GPS Data Emulator", that reads NMEA sentences recorded into
hereabove file, computes the estimate of A/C attitude and sends the
approriate data to FG FDM for playback display.

> Actually very keen to see the results,

Well I'm still looking for free space on someone server to put my video on.

>I've got a Sharp Zaurus linux pda with a Haicom gps card,

My tiny programs works well under Windows. I really don't know if they are
easy to modify for Linux. (I have so much difficulty to make them work under
windows, so the linux compatibility is an other story...)

> One bit I didn't quite understand was can you feed flights you have
already recorded through this program ?

Yes.