Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 04:35:15PM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:

> > BTW, isn't this totally irrealistic ? I've never seen a helicopter
> > clutching the rotor with engines at full speed - I assume this would
> > break the whole transmission at once !

> No, it isn't totally realistic. YASim's rotor always runs at 100%
> and there is no throttle at all. There isn't even a turbine --
> just hardcoded RPM and power. The startup process is only faked
> via Nasal and synced with a spool-up sound. And talking about
> realism: have you ever started/shut-down *any* of the turbines?
> In any of the aircrafts? No, you haven't. I'd love to have the
> bo totally realistic, but that's not totally feasible right now.

Should I have already started such an engine myself ? No, I never did.
I admit I'd love to ....  but that is a different topic  :-)

According to what I've seen (partly from very nearby) helicopter pilots
use to start their turbines with the transmission already clutched to
the engine.
The 'faked' engine startup process doesn't look that bad. I simply
wonder why you didn't sync rotor acceleration to it. To be honest: I
don't understand how you managed to separate the two ....

Martin.