On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:50:50AM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> I hope you didn't misunderstand me. It was _not_ my intention to drag
> your startup procedure in the mud.

No problem. Despite the unfinished state of the FDM the Nasal
parts could perhaps be more realistic at least. As I said, I'll
ask a Bo105 pilot (will take two weeks, though).

> > the rotor RPM. The acceleration from 0 to the hard-coded
> > RPM is done by the FDM.
>
> Aaaah, this is the missing info - now I understand. After looking at
> the Nasal code I found myself a bit lost.

Hehe, that explains it. The FDM is done like this: as soon
as the magneto switch is turned on, the rotor goes from 0
to (I think) 995 RPM within 30 seconds, and turning it off
goes back to 0 again within 30 seconds. I can read out where
the RPM currently is, but I can't control it. Also, there's
no modeled turbine behind this, only a sound animation and
a timer. I had made some tests with YASim's built-in turbines,
but gave up after realizing that I wouldn't be able to shut them
down. Maybe I'll retry and add some Nasal fake code again.
My lack of helicopter experience doesn't really beat me to
it, though. Maybe someone can convice Maik to join in again ...

m.